About this blog...

A Place Where Fun and Fancy Crash Into One Beautiful Work of Heart

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A True Romance

Since my Dad was diagnosed with cancer, I seem to have lost my creative mojo.  In case you don't know me personally, my parents are my ultimate superheroes.  They will be married 40 years in May.  My dad is our family rock and spiritual leader.  He has great faith and has raised me to be a strong, God-LOVING, independent wife, mother and bold Latina woman. He has been my biggest fan and my toughest critic.  I love him more than words can express.  My mom IS my best friend (next to my hubby, Joe).
So now, my creative juices are not a-flowin'...BUT, I decided to look back at some old scrapbooks and reminisce about my life (a common down-in-the-dumps-pick-me-up) and found some of these pages that really brought a smile to my face.  This one is of my parents a few Christmas Eves ago.  We always have holidays together.  Christmas Eve is a big one.  We sing, eat, dance, play with the kids, and enjoy just being together.  Here my parents were being especially playful with each other.  It reminds me that there are no Cinderella fairy tales in life.  But there are TRUE ROMANCES.  They have one of those rare soulmate-kind-of-loves.  They truly are remarkable people...This is dedicated to my parents....whom I adore and love....






No comments:

Post a Comment